We have another crazy week ahead of us!
There is a lot of craziness going on in the coming days! Halloween is this weekend and then there is some sort of election next week... Have you heard about it? There is something else important coming up and not too many people are talking about it.
Can you believe that we have to set the clocks back already?
Typically, turning the clocks back, in the fall, seems to be easier for most people to deal with, but the change in times can still be problematic. Gaining an "extra" hour still tends to impact our sleep patterns and schedules for at least a couple of days. And we have talked about the importance of sleep several times in our newsletters. In an effort to ease this weekend's transition, here are some quick tips that you can use to ease the transition.
1) Despite "gaining" an hour of sleep, it is important to go to bed at your normal time.
2) AND try to wake up at your normal time! If you typically wake up at 7:30 AM, try to wake up at 6:30 AM and gradually move the time back to your typical wake-up time. Maintaining your sleep schedule is very important!
3) Remember to check the batteries on your smoke detectors. Or better yet replace them with the 10-year lithium battery smoke detectors, so that you don't have to check them twice per year!
4) Avoid using technology (blue light devices in particular) for at least one hour before going to bed.
5) Avoid consuming caffeine in the afternoon and evening.
6) Exercise daily! (This is my favorite, but you probably already knew that...)
Have a great weekend!
Movement is my medicine,